When you’re keeping the world moving, every minute matters. This is why the new MoorMaster NxG still cuts mooring times to seconds, but now offers quicker installation, smarter operation and more productivity than ever.
As the inventors of vacuum mooring, we’ve used every minute of data from 20 years’ service to redesign it from the ground up.
The new MoorMaster NxG now offers even quicker access to game-changing mooring technology. And thanks to Cavotec’s large and growing investment in software, every system will become even more intelligent every year.
Save time, money and the environment
Faster mooring in 30 seconds can soon add up to vast savings. One MoorMaster system can save thousands of litres of fuel per year and with it, thousands of tonnes of CO2, NOx, SOx and particle matter emissions.
- Lower mooring times lower costs. Efficient mooring at the touch of a button dramatically cuts idling and thruster use while berthing, to reduce fuel consumption and emissions in port. It also means less tugboat time, which in turn reduces emission and costs even further.
- Reduced turnaround times reduce fuel bills. Shorter turnaround times allow lower cruising speeds between destinations, significantly lowering fuel bills and impact on the environment.
Get more from every minute
In the busiest ports making time work harder matters, and MoorMaster is designed to do just that, with faster mooring, increased stability and larger vessels.
- More vessels every day. Dramatically reduced mooring times allow more vessel calls and more revenue to fit into every day.
- More tonnage at the quayside. Because MoorMaster only attaches to a vessel’s flat hull along the parallel body, it means ships can safely overhang the quay. So, existing infrastructure can handle larger vessels.
- More efficient cargo transfer. Our patented Active Control™ technology drastically reduces vessel motion by up to two orders of magnitude, dramatically increasing loading and offloading productivity. Where excessive vessel motion is an issue, MoorMaster can increase port productivity by up to 100%.
Support and guidance from day one
Having introduced almost 100 MoorMaster systems, we know the switch to vacuum mooring can seem like a big change. This is why we offer a skilled fulfilment team to smooth your path to game-changing MoorMaster technology, in less time and at less cost than ever. And we’ll remain by your side when your MoorMaster system enters service.
- Simplifying introduction. Our experts can be on hand throughout the consideration and purchase process and can even help manage installation.
- Streamlining installation. The revolutionary new MoorMaster NxG’s two-stage installation process makes installation faster than ever – and fits more easily into operational windows between calling vessels. And with our people slotted into your team, the whole process is now even smoother.
- Overseeing reliability. From the moment your MoorMaster system enters service, we offer services tailored to your particular requirements. We can even embed our experts on site. Whatever level of end-to-end support you need, we’ll be there.
Choose peace of mind around the clock
MoorMaster vacuum mooring technology can secure vessels of 400m in seconds. But when it comes to earning trust, it’s years of reliability and safety that matter.Watch video
- Trusted around the world. Almost 100 MoorMaster systems are now reliably saving time and money for ports all over the planet. Together, these systems have completed over 700,000 moorings and counting.
- Tested by time. As the inventors of vacuum mooring, we’re proud to say our market leading technology has now been proven in operation in some of the most demanding conditions for over 20 years.
- Never off duty. Our experts remotely monitor the performance of every system, to help fine tune what we do and secure flawless performance. When you need support Cavotec is never farther than a call away.
Enjoy more efficiency every day with technology that learns from every moment
We’re proud to say that the new MoorMaster NxG represents the peak of vacuum mooring hardware. And now, thanks to Cavotec’s large and growing investment in software, every MoorMaster system is becoming more intelligent by the year.
- The right move, every time. In a dynamic maritime environment, split-second decisions count. This is why, our patented Active Control™ technology measures every variable – from position to forces to weather conditions – and calculates the optimal response instantly.
- Better by the year. With our control algorithm implemented as software, your system can be tailored to your requirements and we can improve its performance with every software update.
- Every system on earth, working for you. Cavotec Connect, our IoT platform fed by vast amounts of data from almost 100 operational systems, uses artificial intelligence to learn from every MoorMaster system on the planet, giving your system’s next software update the benefit of global maritime experience.
It’s time for safer work and safety is great for business
Safety drives everything we do, because protecting personnel is paramount. But safety also does so much more than just lower risk. It makes every minute of every day more efficient, more productive and less stressful.
- Push the button on a double win. Replacing hazardous manual mooring with rapid, remote mooring at the touch of a button makes a lot of sense, for personnel safety and vessel throughput.
- Stabilise your efficiency. MoorMaster’s unrivalled vessel control reduces movement by up to two orders of magnitude. And unlike ropes and lines, it constantly monitors changing variables, providing maximum situational awareness. To keep loading operations safer and more productive.
- Less idling, less emissions. Faster mooring and release means less need for vessel engines to idle when close to port. Which improves air quality for vessel employees and nearby communities. Every minute less idling is a minute less of harmful emissions and unnecessary greenhouse gases.
Connect with tomorrow, today
MoorMaster NxG is designed for the challenges of today’s ferry and container terminals, and the opportunities of tomorrow. It is ready to connect with a future of zero emissions, autonomous vessels and intelligent supply chains - but with benefits that start now.
- Revolutionise your bottom line. Putting MoorMaster technology on your quayside makes your operation future-ready and offers sustainable advantages right away.
- Plug in to a more productive era. Our unrivalled vessel control and stability not only revolutionise loading operations, but are helping power the e-vessel revolution today. Installed in some 60 e-ferry berths, it combines rapid energy-efficient mooring with safe connection to rapid charging. MoorMaster NxG is already a key part of ASKO Maritime’s commercial introduction of fully zero-emission and autonomous vessels.
- Connect with next level efficiencies. MoorMaster’s ability to reduce and measure vessel motion opens the way to fully automated and autonomous ship-to-shore cranes. And its intelligent technology unlocks the incredible potential of a fully connected ecosystem. Quite simply, it’s the missing link between your operation and more profitable sustainability, for years to come.
While you connect the world, we connect the future
Have Cavotec contact you!
To discuss your specific requirements for making your operations safer, more efficient and more sustainable, book a call with us.